Saturday, June 12, 2010

Cabbage and Squash YUM!

I have been so busy. My husband has been away and my lovely CSA veg has been piling up faster than I can eat it. So I had the pleasure of sharing some of my share with a friend. OMG that was such a joy. My friend was so grateful. When I told her that the produce was organic and local, she cried. Yes my CSA friends, she cried.

It is so important to understand how organic foods are better for you. The thought of supporting local farmers is makes it a total win.

Any how....I have been craving cabbage and so last night I decided I by golly I was having some cabbage.

So...Here is my made up all csa cabbage and squash dish.

I rendered off 5 slices of low sodium center cut bacon. I sliced an onion into rounds and sliced about 3 garlic cloves. I saute those first and meanwhile sliced the cabbage and one yellow and one zucchini squash. I added the veg and about 1/4 cup of vegetable broth. I let that steam under the lid stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes. I crumbled the bacon on top.

Here is a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment