Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What to do for dinner?

I have been having the worst time deciding what to cook for the dinner meal at my house. I have a book shelf full of cook books and an USB drive full of recipes you might think I could find something to cook. Last night I decided, I would find a recipe for what I had left over in my fridge. Chicken and Left Over Rice. I found a recipe on Campbell's Kitchen and used that from my start.

Italiano Chicken and Rice

Two skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 1/2 cups cooked rice
minced garlic to taste
1 15 oz can of crushed tomatoes
Italian seasoning to taste
Minced Onion
My homemade Adobo or House seasoning
Parmesan Cheese
Ricotta Cheese (also left over in my fridge)
Canola oil

Season your chicken strips with your Adobo and minced garlic. Heat some oil in a large skillet. Cook Chicken Strips until well browned. Add in your can of crushed tomatoes, more garlic, minced onion and Italian seasoning. Let that simmer about 5 to 10 minutes just to insure the chicken is cooked through. Add in the rice and let simmer again for 5 more minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese. If you like, stir in 1 teaspoon of ricotta cheese, once you have your serving on your plate.

Tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment