Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A bit of a new focus

For those that might regularly follow this blog, I plan on making an addition to the topics that I post here. Historically this blog has been for my scrapbooking pages, class projects and recipes. I will be adding to this information on my new volunteer project: Dragon Con's Kaleidoscope Track.

What is the Kaleidoscope Track? Glad you asked. This track in new to Dragon Con and here is our offical 150 word description:

Do you enjoy Disney, Nick, and Cartoon Network? Dragon*Con's newest track Kaleidoscope is just for you. We will feature traditional D*C programming, host some activities and work with other tracks in shared interests. We will talk about shows like Wizards of Waverly Place, Tower Prep, House of Anubis, Phineaus and Ferb as well as the all-time favorite, Spongebob Squarepants. We will target 9-13 year olds but will include parents and kids at heart! Parental involvement is required in all activities for any person under the age of 18.


I have been secretly working on this since January 2011 and it has taken up a ton of my time and brain power. I am the Track Director which means I am incharge of the Track's activies, staff, media guests, problems, sucesses and anything else you can think of. I have found it challanging and rewarding! I am enjoying the creativity and working out side of my comfort zone.

All I can really share right now is that we have an offical Twitter Page (@DconKT) and we are working on a web page and a facebook page, as I type.

The closer we get to Dragon Con Time, the more details you will see. I can't wait to share my thoughts and feelings with you here.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment