Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Zombie Apocalypse

After watching a show called the 100 best tech gadgets ever, Dave and I have starting making a list of things to have to survive the Zombie Apocalypse. It started out as a running joke for a couple of days but now it has blossomed into a full blown obsession.

Our first list consisted of: A Zippo Lighter, a MagLight Flashlight, a Leatherman Tool, one of those army knives and a hand crank radio,

Then we added fuel for the Zippo Lighter and one of those shake flash lights people sold during the Y2K scare.

Then I decided we would need to be able to eat so I figured you had to have cast iron pans to cook with. The premise being that there would be no electricity so you would have to cook over an open flame/camp fire and cast iron is the best way (just ask any cowboy you might meet.) In that spirit I spent the weekend cooking in my cast iron dutch ovens (I have two) and plotting how to convert my recipes into cooking over low/slow heat.

So I decided to blog about the Zombie Apocalypse Survival Kit. Stay Tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment