Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Homemade Pizza w/ GF Crust


Dave and I like making homemade pizza when Peachtree Natural Foods brought in a line of Gluten Free (GF) products that included pizza dough, I saw my chance to try a product and do a photo blog.

My ingredients are: One pizza crust dough from Gillian's Foods, Thin sliced pepperoni, tomato sauce, dried onions, basil, oregano, granulated garlic, Parmesan cheese and Italian cheese blend, One large round pizza stone.





Thaw the pizza dough and knead on a flour covered surface until the dough gets firm. The dough was very sticky but handled well. Roll out dough into a circle to fit your pan. I used a baking stone. Add your sauce and seasonings and some Parmesan Cheese.





Of course add the pepperoni. This brings up a discussion as to whether the pepperoni should be under the cheese or on top of the cheese. Well, My Momma made pizza with the pepperoni under the cheese. You tell her she is wrong.





Then add the cheese. I used two cups of reduced fat Italian cheese blend. I buy it when it is on sale and store it in my freezer.







Put your pizza is a 375 degree F oven. Since we baked ours on a stone, we baked it for 20 minutes. The directions on the dough said 15 minutes on a metal pan.





Enjoy Your Pizza!


Review: The pizza was yummy. The crust was actually a lot better than I had hoped. Many GF foods have what I call the "texture" issue. This however did not. I feel as if we had baked the pizza on a metal pan, the crust would have been more crispy. I am glad to report the crust was not soggy. Dave gave it a B- which is high praise for anything GF in our house. Over all very good, considering we usually make our own pizza dough.

1 comment:

  1. This looks really good Jill... Good job catching the blogging bug too :)

    ReplyDelete