Sunday, September 12, 2010

Homemade Chicken Stock

Okay. Another Cost Saver right here. Make your own chicken stock. How easy is it? Here is what I do. When Dave and I eat Publix Rotisserie Chicken for dinner, I save the bones, skin and the carcass and freeze it. Then when I am ready, I take out my beloved crock pot and place the leftovers in the crock pot, add water and two bay leaves. Let them cook at least 8 hours on low. I only save the bones from the Publix Mojo or Lemon Pepper Rotisserie Chicken. Any chicken carcass will do but the Publix's kind make great stock. After 8 hours you have to strain out all the bones and unwanted stuff and let the stock cool before you put it up. The leftover 'unwanted' stuff goes great in your compost pile.

Here is my stock. 4 carcass' equals 25 cups of stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment