Sunday, September 19, 2010

I made Gluten Free Cookies


Once again, I brought home a product to try from the store. This time it was King Arthur Gluten Free Cookie Mix. What this product provides you is a brown sugar cookie base and allows you to add in anything you like to make the cookies your own. Besides the mix you will need 1 stick of butter-soft, 1 large egg, 2 tablespoons of water plus what ever you want to mix in your cookies. I used chopped raw walnuts and chocolate chips. You take half of the mix and blend it with the butter. Then add the egg and water and blend again. Add the rest of the mix and combine. Then stir in your add-ins. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and place the cookies on a cookie sheet. Bake for 12 minutes. The instructions say to let the cookies sit on the sheet for 5 minutes. I did not do this. I removed them immediately or they would have stuck to the baking sheet. I cooled them on a cooling rack for 5 minutes. Dave tasted them and liked them. Of the gluten free cookies mixes we have tried this is the best tasting one. The box made 3 dozen cookies. Over all Grade of A-. An extra surprise is that the next day, the cookies are still very soft and chewy.

Here is a picture of my cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment