Monday, May 17, 2010

CSA Week One - Field Lettuce/Romaine Lettuce

Okay. Today I was going to cook my turnips with some butternut squash until I got home and realized that my knife skills are not good enough to handle that butternut squash. So...Instead...I had planned on have a "Salad Night" with all of those lovely field greens we received and the rest of the romaine lettuce we had from the BLT's. Tomorrow Dave will handle the deadly squash. So... My Salad Night special contained the romaine lettuce (leaves cut from the ribs) and enough of the field greens to make a nice big salad. I added cucumber, carrot, tomato, celery and green onions. I added to my salad some colby jack cheese and some green olives. I don't use dressing. The salad was delish. Dave added crackers, blue cheese, and lite Catalina dressing.

There is enough left over for my lunch tomorrow. YUM YUM.


No comments:

Post a Comment