Friday, May 28, 2010

Organic Cupboard Basics

I have been working with Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution Cookbook. I highly recommend the book to anyone. On Jamie's site he offers very good tips that will help you get cooking fast. One of the things I found helpful is a Cupboard basics list. Click here for the list

In an effort to use NON-GMO or Organic food staples. I took a copy of the list to my local Peachtree Natural Foods to see just how available some of these basics really are in organic form. I chose the Airport Thru Way Store in the Landings. I was surprised how many of the items they actually stock and did not "have to order to get". The Store Manager, Jamie, was extremely helpful to me and very interested in helping me toward my goal of better health.

Here is what they have already in stock. Dijon Mustard, English Mustard, Olive Oil, All Purpose Flour, Cornstarch, Dried Pasta, Baking Powder, Soy Sauce, Five Spice Blend, Sea Salt, Black Peppercorns, Whole Grain Mustard, EVOO, Sesame Oil, Bread Flour, Whole Wheat Flour, Baking Powder, Unsweet Cocoa Powder (also RAW), Canned tuna, Coconut milk, Basamati Rice, Brown Rice, Oatmeal, Honey (also RAW), Maple Syrup, Mixed Nuts, Almonds, Mixed Seeds, Broth, Ketchup, and Vegan Mayonnaise Called Vegannaise.

Tell them I sent you.

No comments:

Post a Comment