Thursday, May 20, 2010

CSA Week One - Strawberries and Leftovers

Tonight was left over night at my house. I have been working on the grand opening of a new store for my company. Since there are only two humans at my house and we have been cooking a lot, our cooler was getting a bit full. Dave and I both have been eating leftovers for lunch. SO we finished off the dreaded leftovers off tonight. However. Dave has been laying in wait for his strawberries to get just right for his favorite dessert. Dave sliced the strawberries and sprinkled them with 1 tablespoon of sugar. They have been macerating in the fridge. I baked an organic vanilla cake from Doctor Oetker's. Dave cut the cake and topped it with his strawberries. I don't really like strawberries so I used blue berries. YUM YUM!




on a side note: David made a smoked sausage Stonehenge as pictured below:

No comments:

Post a Comment