Saturday, May 22, 2010

CSA Week Two: Flashback Kale and Kohlrabi

After a LONG LONG day. I am watching Doctor Who on BBC America and feeling the need to post out this recipe. First I would like to thank the CSA members for my glowing welcome today. I arrived early, hoping to pick up my share a bit early since I had to teach a class and attend a class at the Scrapbook Shoppe today. Not only was I welcomed but I appreciate all the help packing my bags! So wonderful.

Here is a recipe for Crispy Sauteed Kale with Kohlrabi from Planet Green.

1 1/4 pound kohlrabi bulbs peeled
1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil divided
2 pounds Kale stem and center ribs detached
5 garlic cloves finely chopped
1/3 cup salted roasted pistachios, chopped

Slice Kohlrabi very thinly using a slicer or knife

Whisk together lime zest and juice, 2 tablespoons oil and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper in a large bowl. Toss Kohlrabi with dressing

Chop kale finely. Heat remaining two tablespoons oil in 12 inch skillet over medium high heat until it shimmers. Saute garlic until pale golden, about 30 seconds. Add kale by the handful, turning and stirring with tongs and adding more kale as the volume in skillet reduces. When all of kale is wilted, saute with 1/2 teaspoon salt until tender about 3 minutes. Transfer to bowl and cool to room temperature. Toss Kale with Kohlrabi and pistachios



1 comment:

  1. I made kale chips last week in the dehydrator. YUM!! I will be doing it again this week :-)

    ReplyDelete